Pressure Treated Deck Cost Per Square Foot
When you have a deck, you know that it can get dirty from the weather and all the people that are using it. When it comes time to clean it, you want to get it pressure treated.
Since this is the best way to go, it is a wise decision to go ahead with it. The cost per square foot will be $6 per square foot for materials that are needed.
In all, the total amount will be between $12 and $18 per square foot and that is installed. It will look great when you are totally finished with it.
How Do You Repair A Water Damaged Ceiling
When you have water damage to your ceiling, you will need to fix it. Here are the 5 steps that you will need to go through:
- You will need to find the location of the water leak. This will normally be behind drywall
- Removing the drywall that is damaged is the next step. This will normally reveal the source.
- You will need to make the repairs. Find the source and fix it as soon as possible.
- Next, re-install new drywall then add tape, texture, sand, prime and paint the surface.
- Clean up everything that is messy. You will need drop clothes to protect areas not wanting painted
Those are the 5 steps for fixing a water damaged ceiling. You may need to enlist the help of a licensed contractor that you know to get it all finished up.
How Do You Fix Dry Rot
If you have dry rot, you need to get rid of it. Here are the 6 steps that you will need to take to fix most dry rot:
- Remove the dry rot. You will first need to uncover it.
- You will then spray with a fungicide. Or simply remove the dry rot
- Next, you will apply a wood hardener. You can find these at any home improvement store
- Replace the damaged parts with new wood. Ensure needed ventilation is applied so it doesn’t re-occur
- Sand down the surfaces if needed and clean it for preparation of the next step
- Use an exterior acrylic primer with paint for protection like Kilz
These are the steps that you will follow in order to fix the problem that you have with dry rot.
Once you are done with that, it should not be a problem for you anymore. You can call a professional as well to help
Call now for dry rot repair help. 503-877-1198
The 10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Siding Contractor
People that are looking for a siding contractor will want to ask questions first. Here are 10 questions that they will want to get the answers to:
- What is your experience?
- How long have you been in business?
- What equipment do you use?
- How much will it cost?
- What are the care and upkeep details?
- Is there a warranty?
- Is there a guarantee?
- Do you have a good customer service center?
- Will you come back if there is a problem?
- What types of payment do you take?
These are the questions that a person will want to ask a siding contractor before they hire them.
What Is The Cheapest Way To Remodel A Bathroom
When you want to have a new look for your bathroom, one of the cheapest ways to do this is by a bathroom renovation like painting the walls. You can dramatically change the entire look with a new color of the paint.
You can then change the tiles so that they are more modern looking and the same with the fixtures. It doesn’t cost a lot to make it look totally different. Bathroom renovation or remodeling is a great way to increase the value of the bathroom area.
It just takes time and patience to give your bathroom a whole new look with design planning. You will want to add accessories that also give the bathroom a fresh new look to it as you like. Bathroom remodeling is when you tear out several or even all bath items and start with a new vanity, shower or tub, toilet and other items.
Where Do You Start When Remodeling A Kitchen
When people want to remodel their kitchen, the will want to start with the cabinets and maybe countertops as well. This is what usually needs to be improved on the most. There are website like Houzz to help with ideas for your new kitchen plans.
When they are looking for new cabinets, they should comparison shop for the best prices. They can do this online or at places like Home Depot or Lowes. They should also look into how they can set up the area so that they have a lot more counter space. This will assist them while they are cooking and preparing meals. You can call a designer in to help figure this out. Most contractors like Preferred Building Contractors have designers that can help with this.
The rest of the kitchen can be completed around this so make sure that first the cabinets are figured out and then the counter space. Appliances need to be accounted for so make sure that there is enough room for them too.
What Does A Remodeling Contractor Do
A remodeling contractor is going to ask a homeowner how they want to redo their home. What rooms are they interested in changing and the type of style that they are looking for. The contractor needs to understand where the person is coming from and what the final look will be like.
The remodeling contractor will normally advise the client about current products, services and features. Also, with average prices for those items discussed to guide the decision making process. The goal of the contractor is normally to be a trusted advisor and reference to guide the project goals.
This way, they have a better idea of what they will need to do in order to make the right choices for the work that needs to be done. The contractor will want to be sure that they can understand the person totally and what they want their home to look like after remodeling it. We’ve prepared a remodeling and renovation report that goes into details about the differences. View the report here to learn more.
How Much Does A Remodeling Contractor Charge
A remodeling contractor often charges a set fee depending on the area being covered, materials, and other relevant expenses. Like equipment rentals, dump fees, and honey bucket rental.
These details are often listed during the initial consultation to determine what the client’s project requires.
In most cases, a remodeling contractor is going to charge 10-20% of the project’s budget for labor.
This will once again vary depending on the scale of the project and what adjustments have been agreed upon.
The goal for the contractor is to make sure their workers and/or subcontractors have been accounted for while still being able to earn a reasonable profit on the project.
10 Things To Never Say To A Contractor
When you are dealing with a contractor, there are things that you should not say. Here are 10 things that you should never say to a contractor:
- The amount of your budget
- That you are not in a hurry.
- They can pick the materials.
- That you don’t need it in writing.
- Do You Hire illegal aliens?
- Can I have a discount if I pay upfront?
- That they are the only one bidding on the job.
- That you haven’t gotten other quotes.
- Their work is excellent if it is not.
- That you will be a repeat customer.
Now you know what not to say. Make sure that the contractor who works for you does a great job.